Wild swimming in cold water for many of you is a pleasurable experience, but it can also be extremely dangerous if not handled safely. The water is untreated, opaque and cold with deep silt and there are areas of reeds which create the risk of entanglement.
All swimmers must abide to all rules listen to lifeguards. They must sign a disclaimer before allowed to swim and read our terms and conditions.
Swimming is only permitted during the day and the area will be highly secured during night.
Swimmers who choose to enter the water do so at their own risk.
Friday 2nd September
Family Only: 13.30 – 16:00
Adult Only: 16:00 – 19:00
Saturday 3rd & Sunday 4th September
- Family Only: 10:00 – 13.30
- Adult Only: 09:00 – 10:00 / 16:00 – 19:00
- Open Swim: 13.30 – 16:00
• The water is over 6ft deep at its deepest point in the middle of the lake
• It is not permitted to swim while intoxicated or under the influence. You will be refused entry to the Lake if a member of staff deems you unfit for swimming.
• Children aged 12 and under are permitted to swim in the company of an adult over 18 with a 1:1 ratio.
• You should not swim if you have a reduced immune system as your risk of developing serious health complications from contracting a water borne illness is much higher.
• Diving or jumping into the lake is strictly prohibited
• Electric Picnic reserves the right to suspend swimming at any time at their discretion.
Blue Response UK will provide the lifeguards for the lake, and specifically for the swimming area. Blue Response UK will provide crew that are suitably qualified to perform a rescue if required working under the supervision of the Duty Officer
Guidance pdf link